(Love – Truth = Hate) just made my whole day. And that’s impressive since I bumped into a friend long-past today.
From the ever-reliable Wikipedia:
- Human sources may be relics such as a fingerprint; or narratives such as a statement or a letter. Relics are more credible sources than narratives.
- Any given source may be forged or corrupted. Strong indications of the originality of the source increase its reliability.
- The closer a source is to the event which it purports to describe, the more one can trust it to give an accurate historical description of what actually happened.
- An eyewitness is more reliable than testimony at second hand, which is more reliable than hearsay at further remove, and so on.
- If a number of independent sources contain the same message, the credibility of the…
View original post 1,307 more words